Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Bill Wallace

Today, is a sad day in my world. This morning I learned one of my favorite authors passed away, Bill Wallace.

In fourth grade I discovered reading. Basically, the first three years of elementary school I wanted nothing to do with reading. NOTHING! I would spend hours crying over reading a 20 page book. Yes, be happy I wasn't your child. But in fourth grade something clicked in my A.D.D brain. I realized some books were interesting, and some books were pretty funny. Bill Wallace is the man to thank for that my fourth grade transformation. Below are some of my favorite Bill Wallace books...





Thank you Bill Wallace for introducing me to the reading world. Lord knows what would have happened if you hadn't!

4 comments:

Michelle said...

Okay this is sad, he was my favorite author from that age too. Pretty sure I've got his books, a lot of them signed by him, still at my parents house.

Summer said...

He is from my hometown and was the principle at the Elementary School. He would even let the kids vote on the names of his books. I loved him. I have all of his books signed and Mia now gets one a year for Christmas. He was wonderful - and an awesome Dad and Grandad too.

Gena said...

That last picture is hilarious. I may have to steal some of these from Mia's room.

OK Chick said...

Michelle- I felt like a part of my childhood had died!!!

Summer- I wondered if you knew him. Yes, he was a wonderful man. I was able to meet him a couple times. I love that you are giving Mia his books.

Gena-They are great books, especially the last one!