1. Rapper, Chris Kelly, dies at age 34. You probably know him best for being the Kriss in Kriss Kross? You know...Kriss Kross will make you want JUMP JUMP! Nothing? Really? Come on, it was popular in 1992. How old are you people?
2. In 46 days I'm going to the beach; which means I have 46 days to turn flab into fab...and learn how to surf. Folks, miracles do happen!
3. My parents are happy. Friday they retired as college tuition payers. I know my alma mater is sad to see them go.
4. It's snowing in my great state. Yesterday, it was over 80 degrees and today it's 40 degrees. Weird.
5. Recently, Martha Stewart signed up for Match.com. It's reported she's already received many request. DUH! Does this surprise anyone???
Sunday I completed my 7th half marathon. This is quite an accomplishment for me. You see, I was the elementary student who took FOREVER to complete the one mile run in PE. I was all wheezing and crying because it was too hard. Today, I'm running half marathons. My PE teachers would be so proud.
The race starts at 6:30am, which means I was up at 4:15am. Yes you read right, 4:15am. Below is a picture of the traffic at 5:20am. See, I'm not the only crazy person in town.
A nice group shot. Everyone is still smiling.
I ended up running at a very good pace. My time was 2:22, second best time. Sister #1 beat me by 50 seconds. I'm kind of annoyed I didn't see Sister #1 during the race so we could run together. I think it would have pushed me for a faster time. Oh well, there's always next year.
Our Cheerleaders! I don't know how many times I can thank these people. Not only did they get up at 5am, they also held our clothes, phones, keys, sunglasses, and water bottles. God Bless cheerleaders!
I also need to give a shout out to Teresa and her hubby. They were great cheerleaders as well! Sadly, no picture of them.
Blogger World, it was a great race! I might say it was one of my favorites.