Thursday, March 17, 2011

My job is done

It was Wednesday, June 10 2009 when I realized I had failed my poor baby sister. My family was on an enjoyable family vacation in NYC, for Sister #2 High School graduation. The Sisters and I were shopping in the NBC store when it happened. Sister #2 made the announcement that she had never heard of the show Saved By the Bell. It took everything I had not to break down and cry in the middle of the store. I had failed my baby sister.

Now, let's fast forward two years. Sister #2 is now in college. This week is Spring Break and she is spending it in sunny San Diego. I know, I'm jealous too. Here, I've been sitting in a cubicle all week while she's on the beach! Anyway, last night Sister #2 had this comment as her facebook status:

Dear OKC,
Please bring H&M, World Market, and In-N-Out Burger to OKC.
Thanks,
Sister #2

Folks, my heart leaped with joy. I might have failed on the TV, but by golly I have taught her a few things! I feel that I can sit back and enjoy life because I'm done raising Sister #2.

Now, if you would excuse me, I must fill out my bracket. It's due in 4 hours.

6 comments:

Victoria said...

In-N-out is the best place ever! they have one in Reno and we've been eating there a lot (I mean..just a few times ;)) it's so good!

Gena said...

How in the world could she have not heard of Saved by the Bell? Is she like 15 years younger than you, or what? Crazy.

Scotty said...

Ahh... Sandy Eggo... In-N-Out coming to Dallas very soon, hopefully to OKC soon afterwards as well!

Cap'n John said...

Double-double animal style. Messy, greasy, but oh so good.

Renee Nefe said...

:D

dj said...

if your sister needs recomendations for stuff to do around San Diego give me a holler!