Thursday, March 10, 2011

Act like tomorrow is 10 years away

Tonight I had a date with the pavement. It was a good date. I ran 6 miles!

Blogger World, running 6 miles is huge for me. HUGE I tell you! I haven't consistently ran in three months. Of course, tomorrow my legs might be reminding me that I haven't worked out in three months, but we'll worry about that tomorrow.

Right now, I'm excited because I feel that I can get to 13.1 miles by May 1st. This is the date for OKC's Half Marathon. A few weeks ago, I made the decision to not run the half marathon. I didn't think I had time to properly train for the race. However, tonight's accomplishment is very encouraging. I think I can do it! Besides, this year my dad is so out of shape that I might actually beat him in a race!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay for 6 miles! Keep up the hard work. Training is such a roller coaster. I feel like I'm constantly fluctuating between feeling like I can run forever and feeling like I can't run at all. Hang in there. See you at the half-marathon!

Renee Nefe said...

I think that you can do it! and if you can't do the entire thing, at least you trained for it. :D Keep at it!

Meanwhile I'm working on getting back to the gym on a regular basis. I'm going tonight!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Congrats! You are way ahead of me, and I'm still planning on doing the half!