Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I guess the Lord made me hard to handle

I just consumed the worst breakfast. I'm annoyed because I want my calories back. Can you have a calorie redo when it comes to eating food you don't like?

Anyway, today's post isn't about my awful SmartOnes Stuffed Breakfast Sandwich that you should never buy. Even if you have coupons. No, today's post is about Sister #2.

Do you know Sister #2? No. Oh, well you should get to know her. I believe she is quite a delight.

This past weekend I was in Hometown, USA for Mother's Day. Sister #2 was home as well. She just finished her first year of college, and is spending the summer at home.

Saturday night my mom sent Sister #2 and I to Wally World. We were on a mission for a tomato, cucumber, and avocado. It was a big mission.

As we were driving home from Wally World, a Dierks Bentley song came on the radio. Do you know Dierks Bentley? No. Really? You know, you guys should really get out more. Dierks Bentley, is a cutie that sings good quality country songs. My favorite song of his is... What Was I Thinkin.

Becky was a beauty from South Alabama

Her Daddy had a hard lock and nine pound hammer

Think He even did a little time in the slammer

What was I thinking?


Ring a bell? No? Ok, fine moving on.

As the song was playing Sister #2 informed me that when she was younger, she always thought I would marry Dierks. I laughed. She thought since he was single, cute, and a good singer that we would make a good couple.

Isn't that the nicest thing ever?

I mean, sure, she was probably 7 years old when she had this dream, but even at that young age she could tell I was destined for greatness! Oh bless her little heart. What a disappointment I've become. Kidding.

Today's hot guy is Sister #2's top pick for my future husband. I'm sorry I could not live up to Sister #2's expectations, in the husband department. I'm sure Dierks and I would have been really happy together. However, if I'd married a hot country singer, I might not have this wonderful blog, and I know that breaks all of your hearts.

8 comments:

Wa Wa Waughs said...

LOL....That guy is pretty cute but cute isn't everything it's cracked up to be. I'm thinking that a lot lately now that my DD is in college. I'm hoping she goes for a guy that is spiritually maturing, responsible, and FUN!

I need to update my blog and get yours on mine...maybe after all this graduation business is over! Really want to meet sometime since we didn't meet at the marathon!

Renee Nefe said...

WOW! Sister #2 sure picked you out a HOT husband there! who knows, some folks out there have this thing that emails them when someone blogs about them...perhaps he'll contact you.
I think he would be silly to not consider you...at least for a date.

OK Chick said...

Waugh- No rush on the blog add. I'm not going anywhere, and at least you know where to find me to keep reading. Next time I see you, I'll stop to introduce myself.

Renee- I know! Isn't he cute! But I'm afraid Dierks has moved on and married someone else. Can you believe him?

Amy in Edmond said...

I saw him in concert one time after someone gave me free tickets. It was a good show. He also has a baby.

TC said...

Awww :) How cute. I always wanted a little sister. Now I really want one :)

OK Chick said...

TC- you can borrow mine. I have two!

Ally said...

Is Dierks the one who sings about sexy tractors? :)

Regardless cute photo!

Bone said...

I always thought Dierks dedicated "Long Trip Alone" to you. Did he not?

And I also used the "ring a bell?" line in reference to a country song in my latest post :)