Wednesday, January 27, 2010

You change your mind, like a girl changes clothes

This is the 7 day forecast for OKC.


As you can see, Thursday the world is going to end. You don't see that? Me neither. However, the weather people are promising the greatest winter storm since Christmas. They are predicting 3 inches of ice and a couple inches of snow. Not only will we receive all the ice/snow, but our electricity will go out as well. It should be a fun weekend.

Due to the hype about the storm, Okies are in survival mode. And sadly, I am one of those Okies. Today, at lunch I'm going to buy batteries. Currently, I own two flashlights and if I'm going to be without electricity I need back-up batteries. Also, I need to go to the library for books. I plan to read by candlelight, think Little House on the Prairie.

But just because Gary England is predicting the greatest winter storm since Christmas, doesn't mean it will really happen. As I've stated before, OKC's weathermen are only right about 50% of the time, unless there's a tornado and then they're right about 95% of the time. So not only am I making plans to be stuck inside the next few days, I'm also making plans to continue life as normal. But more than likely I will be stuck inside my house without electricity, reading a book by candlelight, and eating bologna sandwiches.

10 comments:

Scotty said...

You know, when I saw that this morning (the weather in OK) I was like "OKC is really in for it". The reporter said worse ice storm since 2007 or something like that.

I, am in Ohio right now. I am glad I will be leaving here on Thursday. This whole living in the snow is for the birds :)

Bone said...

50%? Wow! None of our weathermen have ever cracked the 10% barrier.

Laurie Tomlinson said...

We're gearing up for it, too. But now, I need to make a return trip for the store. For bologna sandwich materials. THANKS.

So wait...is an indoor tri the kind with the stationery bikes, indoor pool, and treadmill? I am scared of a triathlon because of the swimming part. I know I could handle the running, and I think I could handle the biking (esp if it was a stationery bike, because I'm kind of scared of real bikes), but the swimming part -- not so sure.

Renee Nefe said...

I'm with Bone on the weather prediction accuracy. They once asked on the news how far in advance weather can be predicted... I answered "3 Hours ago!" The real answer was 3 months out. I was in shock because they were almost never correct there.

I hope you're not trapped w/o electricity. Hugs!

Stacey said...

I'm so not happy about this forcast. This morning, channel 4 would only commit to Wednesday and Thursday on their 7 Day. I don't care about those two day, I just want drivable road on Friday.

And thank you for the Birthday shout out on my blog.

TC said...

I thought of you when I read about that this morning.

Then I had to laugh about how snow and ice is the end of the world for most Southern states :)

Gena said...

Awesome post. I just bought out the hardware store. Preparing for the end........

Shannon "Coupon Princess" said...

I went to the store, to buy eggs and milk. They were almost out of both! Totally bizarre. Schools cancel before the ice even hits the ground.. what? Are they crazy, or maybe they don't want the kids to wreck their shiny new cars! He he..

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Well I assent to but I contemplate the list inform should prepare more info then it has.