Thursday, January 28, 2010

Umm...is this thing on????

I woke up this morning expecting the end of the world. Instead, I woke up to a typical morning. When I left my house the news media was still predicting lots of ice/snow with no electricity. Also, all the schools have closed for today and tomorrow. Oh yes, they've closed the schools before any type of precipitation has fallen.

Right now I'm prepared for electricity or no electricity. I have water, lots of sandwich stuff, new books, coupons to be filed, house to clean, and movies to watch. I'm even dressed for a winter storm. This morning I'm wearing my new Mountain Hardwear Gear. It's suppose to keep you warm, even in negative temperatures. I'll let you know if that's true. As for now I must rush off... I need to hydrate and use my office's bathroom 100 times. But I will leave you with a picture of my cute boots. Thank you Portland!


12 comments:

Gena said...

Those boots are adorable. Hope they serve you well. :)

Scotty said...

Do you always have your pants rolled up like that? :)

OK Chick said...

No, but I wanted to make sure you could see the whole boat. I was just doing it for you guys! See, I'm a good blogger. I think of my readers first.

Thanks Gena.

Renee Nefe said...

We had predictions of doom and gloom here too. 1-3 inches of snow were predicted with snow continuing through the morning.

this morning we have less than 1/4 inch of snow that is already melting because the sun is out and shining bright!

enjoy your blizzard and I hope it doesn't happen for you too!

Renee Nefe said...

luv the boots! :D

Amy in Edmond said...

Your boots are cute. Mine are boring and are unisex. Justin can wear them. Our feet are now the same size.

If we loose power I may have to slide over and borrow some books. I'm almost done with one and I only have one back up book.

At least if I can't cook, I have girls scout cookies to eat.

Cap'n John said...

My cube buddy came in this morning and said, "Oh! What a beautiful sunrise!"

I looked out the window at all the red and said, "Red sunrises are pretty, but not good. We're going to get rain."

I'm a country boy, she's not (neither country nor boy ;) so I don't think she'd get: "Red sky in morning? Shepherd's warning."

heather hub said...

LOVE the boots. i want.

Laurie Tomlinson said...

Ummm..are you allowed to wear jeans to work??

OK Chick said...

LB- if there's bad weather we can wear jeans. We are kinda spoiled.

monamachel1 said...

Cute boots!! I do think it went south of us!! I think we missed all of the crap! This makes me very happy.

Bone said...

You file your coupons?

I thought of you today when I was watching the Weather Channel and they were scrolling across the screen that OKC and Tulsa were canceling flights.

And although it's been said many times, many ways... I love the boots.