Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday Daryl

Blogger World, meet Daryl. Please ignore the girl in the background of this picture. A) It's not me, and B) she has nothing to do with this post.
Daryl and I have been friends for 10 years. Actually, Daryl's sister and I met in college, and we've been friends for 10 years. I guess Daryl was just a perk? Who knows. All I know, is this guy has been around for 10 years-eating my food, letting me set him up on dates, and making fun of me.

Friday, Daryl turned the big 3-0. Awesome, huh? To make sure his big day was special, his sister made a huge sign announcing: Edmond's Most Eligible Bachelor was turning 30 and everyone should text message him Happy Birthday...his number was posted on the sign. I think the sign alone is pretty funny, but what makes this hilarious is she placed the sign at one of the busiest intersections in town. She wanted everyone to see the sign, and everyone did see the sign.

Last night I had birthday boy over for dinner, and he told us of all the text messages he received. Not only did he receive birthday wishes from strangers, he also received date invitations. I'm for real, random girls texted him to go out this weekend. Of course, he declined all the invitations because....well I don't know why he declined them, but he did. Blogger World, I just want it noted that when I turn 30...I want a sign, and I will not decline any date offers! I will take full advantage of the free advertising!

7 comments:

Scotty said...

The birthday sign is an AWESOME idea. Seriously.

He should have set up a calendar to accept all of those dates. Maybe you should help him manage all of them? At the very least it would be good blog fodder :)

Renee Nefe said...

he he! That's funny! Course I would be pretty upset if someone posted my phone number out where everyone could call me.

I hope Daryl had a great day despite all the text messages and has a very good year.

Bone said...

I want a sign, and I will not decline any date offers!

So it's the year of yes again?

You crack me up, OKC.

Natalie Hudkins said...

Those are two very funny siblings. Now I am going to make my husband text that guy and wish him a belated happy birthday. I remember when that pup turned 21!

d.j. iverson said...

i'm impressed. that's one of the best birthday pranks i've ever heard of.

also, be careful what you wish for.

TC said...

When's your birthday?

I think I could manage to put signs up in multiple cities :)

OK Dude said...

I think I could post some signs at my school if you like. The guys might be a little bit young, but eager!