Folks, we are hours away from greeting 2009. This morning Good Morning America showed all the wackos that spent the night in Time Square for tonight’s big celebration. I call them wackos because its butt freakin’ cold in NYC, and you’d have to be a nut job to spend the night on NYC streets! But that’s just me.
Anyway, 2008 is leaving us and 2009 is well on its way. Now, I could spend this post reviewing all the good/bad things that happened to the world in 2008. But I’m fully aware you lived through 2008 too, so no need to rehash the past. For that reason, I decided to share the things I learned throughout 2008. Again, the title of this blog is: This is my world. SO here are the top things I’ve learned this year.
First, the bad…
1. Even though you accept a date invitation it doesn’t mean you’ll actually be taken out on a date. This was a REAL eye opener!
2. I can only go three days, four days tops, with less than six hours of sleep. If I go over four days I become irritable, dizzy, gain a massive headache, and have the erg to hit everyone with a baseball bat.
3. The fine people at Starbucks make a difference in my life. I am placing this under bad because the fine people at Starbucks are expensive friends.
4. Overpriced extended cable is nice. Last night was a lonely night with only 10 channels, but then Eli Stone came on and I was happy.
Now, the good…
1. I am the multi-task/juggle queen. This year I juggled- work, school, church, aerobics, training for a half marathon, Relay for Life, and being somewhat social.
2. Despite what a certain guidance counselor told me in high school, I am smart.
3. Weekend trips are just as fun as long trips.
4. Blog stalking can help you reconnect with old college friends.
5. I can travel international all by myself.
As you can see, I learned quite a bit in 2008. I’m sure there’s more but at 8:11am I can’t seem to think of anything else. Of course this list excludes all the fancy MBA crap I learned too.
Blogger World I'd like to wish you a Happy New Year!