Tuesday, October 21, 2008

When I grow up I wanna see the world...

As I posted a few weeks ago; SCT #6 is already being planned. What I failed to mentioned is SCT #6 is taking place next week. Blogger World, next week I’m off to Japan! That’s right Japan. The land of…well I don’t know what it is the land of, but I know I’ll be there for one whole week. I’m very excited about this trip. It will be full of seeing old friends, shopping at H&M, eating great food, experiencing a different culture, and receiving another stamp in my passport. I’m very excited about shopping at H&M. I’ve been saving my money for the H&M shopping excursion. Who cares that my 401K is going down the drain, I’m going shopping!

Yesterday I researched things to do in Tokyo. I plan to spend a couple days in Tokyo. I believe I have come up with a killer list of unusual sights to see. One of the things on my list is Tsukiji, which is a huge wholesale fish market. A few months ago Sister #1 and I watched a special on 60 Minutes about the way Japanese buy Tuna, not the sandwich the actual fish. Part of the special was filmed at Tsukiji. This place houses some of the largest, most expensive Tunas. I feel I need to see these great fish with my own eyes, and smell them with my own nose.

Next on my list is Tokyo Dome. It’s where Yomiuri Giants play baseball. I’m not making this up; their team is really called the Giants. I would love to see a game, but if that is not possible then I’d just like to snap a picture of the dome. I just looked on their schedule, and if I’m reading this right they have a game the weekend I am there. However, the schedule was in Japanese, and my Japanese is a bit rusty. For all I know, they were selling tickets to a concert. But something is going on the weekend I am there.

The third thing on my list is a walking tour through the high fashion district of Tokyo. I’m thinking this is where H&M comes into play. MSN estimates the walking tour should take four hours. I’m thinking I run the walking tour, since I’m in training for a half marathon, and then spend two hours shopping at H&M. Again this is me thinking, but I believe my friends will veto this plan. I guess it’s worth a try; it would be great for me since I need one long run while I’m in Japan. I'll throw this idea out when I see my friends.

I’m predicted this will be a great trip. I’m stocked up on books, magazines, and Tylenol PM. Hey, the flight is 14 hours I need to sleep.

9 comments:

Holly said...

Don't forget me while you are at H&M. And make sure and check the plane for large dents before boarding.

TC said...

I'm so excited for you!!!! :) This is gonna be a fabulous trip! Just remember next time to plan your layover a little better, k?

my Japanese is a bit rusty. For all I know, they were selling tickets to a concert.

ROFL Yeah, that would be my response too. Though "rusty" should be exchanged for "non-existent."

monamachel1 said...

Sounds like fun! I want to see pics!!
I've been thinking of what you can bring me back. I have narrowed it down to either one of those bikes that they ride, you know, the ones with the umbrellas. Or a brightly colored something. Both make me think of Japan.

Renee Nefe said...

I have trouble sleeping on planes too or any moving vehicle.

Sounds like an awesome trip. Please bring us back loads of pictures.

auntlinda34 said...

pleas don't get lost or kidnapped for a sex slave or something like that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I worry about you on those trips!!!!!!!!!!

ann said...

HAVE FUN! Tomorrow I'm leaving for a SCT trip to Paris! Hooray singleness and freedom!

Scotty said...

Hope you have an awesome time!

Remember that English is taught in the schools there, so the younger crowd definitely knows some.

Make sure you visit Roppongi for a taste of the night life if you can.

Oh, I have been to Japan a few times :)

Unknown said...

re: your question...
As far as major cities and such - I have been to Okinawa, Niigata, Sasebo, Nagasaki, Yokohama, Yokosuka, Tokyo :)

Bone said...

Only you would think of training for your half marathon while you're in Japan.

I need to go on some SCT's. I'm single. Can I steal your idea?