My favorite part about being single is all the fun trips I get to take with my friends. Yes, I realize that when you tie the knot of holy matrimony you are able to take trips with your friends too. However, I’m not married, hence why I’m single, so I have no idea how that whole thing works. But I do know about being single and taking trips.
Several years ago I decided, instead of sulking about being single I should embrace my singleness. Five years ago, I came up with SCT, Single Crazy Trips. Actually, I didn’t come up with the name, my CA friend DJ offered the name. I liked it, so it’s stuck.
SCT is….every year I reward myself for making it through another year of singleness with a trip. In the past my SCT have allowed me to… go skiing in Utah, lay out in Hawaii, cheered USA on at the Winter Olympics, and get lost in Times Square.
This past year was my 5 year anniversary of SCT. I thought about doing one big huge trip, but because of school I opted for five small trips, in honor of SCT # 5. Blogger World, I’d like to recap SCT #5….
1. Dallas, TX- One year ago, a few friends and I jumped the Oklahoma boarder to head to Dallas. It was a fun weekend of shopping, state fairs, Lion King, and more shopping. It was a great weekend trip.
2. Fayetteville, AR- During the peak of football season the Fam and I headed to see our beloved Hogs beat Baylor. Yes, we went a Baylor game. The tickets were easier to find and cheaper. We had to get five tickets. By the way, this was when my parents sat in awesome seats and sent their daughters up to Hog Heaven. Oh and Hog Heaven is a nice way of saying we sat in the nose bleed section!
3. Portland, OR- This is how the Portland trip came about.
Sister #1- I need a vacation.
Me- Me too.
Sister #1- Want to go somewhere?
Sister #1- Here are plan tickets/hotel for less than $300.
Sister #1- Portland
Me- Works for me, book it.
Sister #1- Ok, we are going to Portland.
There you have it. Sister #1 and I decided, booked, and planned our Portland trip in less than 30 minutes. God bless the Internet. Portland was another great weekend trip. We ate great food, shopped like crazy at Niketown, and saw our wonderful friend Tabs.
4. Ft. Lauderdale, FL- Ahh the beach. This too was another relaxing weekend trip. I believe we were only in FL for 24 hours, but who cares I got a rockin’ tan that lasted for months! The Cousin, Sister #1, and I spent one full day laying out and reading. It was wonderful. The three of us decided the trip must be a yearly thing!
5. Austin, TX- This trip was another TX weekend. I’m sure you all remember my Austin trip. The one where I hung out with Matthew and Lance? Right, I won’t bore you with the details of rubbing shoulders with the famous. This trip was a fun weekend with my dad which included a great 6 mile race.
SCT #5 was a huge hit. I was able to take five weekend trips with many cool people. Today starts the beginning of SCT #6 season. Yea, I don’t know why I decided to start the season in Oct? SOOO where is SCT #6 going to take me? I’m happy to report it’s already being planned. SCT #6 is going to be HUGE. Huge I tell you!