Monday, September 15, 2008

Life as a Bachelorette

Last time I post a Life as a Bachelorette, I flew in a private jet to Small Town, TX. It was a huge highlight in my 27 years of existence. However, not all days as a bachelorette involve flying in private jets and eating doughnuts. There are nights when I sit at home by myself, on a Friday night. I know! It sometimes shocks me as well. But to prove my point let’s talk about my Friday night.

Two weeks ago my friend, Idiot Guy #1- not to be confused with Guy #1, and I made plans to hang out. Due to his busy schedule and my… not so busy schedule we decided this past Friday would be the best time for us to hang out. A little background information on Idiot Guy #1; we’ve been friends for about 3 years, he has the coolest job out of all my friends, and he’s very fun to be around. So with all that said, I was excited to spend Friday evening with Idiot Guy #1.

Here’s how this tale unfolded. Try to stay with me and remember all this takes place last week…
Monday I discovered that a mutual friend planned her birthday party on Friday night, the Friday night Idiot Guy #1 and I made plans. I knew Idiot Guy #1 and her were good friends and assumed he would need/want to be at the birthday party. Monday night I sent a text to Idiot Guy #1 inquiring about our Friday night plans. He responded…I’m not canceling on you. Silly me took that to mean, he wasn’t going to cancel on me. The next day, Tuesday, two different friends invited me to the Jewel concert that was also Friday night. Of course, I said no to both friends because Idiot Guy #1 and I had plans. Wednesday night I check to make sure our plans are still on. Again, I’m told he was not going to cancel on me, which made me feel better about giving up Jewel tickets. You know, twenty dollar Jewel tickets, to her outdoor concert, where food and drink is include in the ticket price, the famous Jewel! Anyway, let’s fast forward to Friday. I’m in an aerobics when I noticed that Idiot Guy #1 tried to call me. I called Idiot Guy #1 back and he informed me that he’d gotten a lot of crap for wanting to ditch his friend’s birthday party. Then he went on about how he didn’t want to cancel on me, but thought he should probably go to the party. YOU THINK! THIS IS WHY I ASKED TWICE IF YOU WANTED TO CANCEL!!!! IDIOT GUY #1 spent five minutes of my precious time hemming-hawing around when he finally settled with a decision. At 6:30pm, Friday night the decision was made to kick me to the curb and go to the party. However, he did feel bad for ditching me, and offered to bring me cheesecake. I replied….sounds good, surprise me with the flavor. I’m still waiting on my cheesecake.

But do not feel sorry for Ok Chick. Due to my unexpected free Friday night I managed to be very productive. I mowed the yard, cleaned, baked a cake for Saturday, and watched a very educational Dateline. Also, I was able to obtain the recommended eight hours of sleep. Really, the night was great. Who doesn’t like spending a Friday night at home mowing, cleaning, and baking?

11 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Oh man! How terrible! You gave up Jewel tickets for this guy and he ditches you anyway...not good!

I hope your cheesecake is very yummy cuz he owes you big time!

Anonymous said...

I hope you let him know you gave up Jewel tickets not once but twice for him! But hey, you got many things accomplished!

Holly said...

I thought I had the coolest job of all your friends??

monamachel1 said...

Yeah, idiot!! When that kind of crap happens to me, it is usually followed by weeks of sarcastic remarks. The ones that make the person feel like crap. I would be asking for that cheesecake!!

OK Chick said...

Holly- you have the most rewarding job. Idiot Guy #1 has a pretty cool job.

Holly said...

okay, I updated but it has the wrong date on it because I started it last week! I stink at this blogging thing.

Scotty said...

Idiot guy = Idiot.

OK Chick said...

thanks guys!

Renee Nefe said...

re: Dh's hobby. It's okay as long as he doesn't try to make me look bad...which only happens when the other party knows it's not really me.
He IMed my SIL once and was saying all sorts of crazy stuff. I emailed her later to let her know it was him.

TC said...

Idiot guy and my friend Shadow need to get together. They sound like twins seperated at birth.

Bone said...

Well that's what you get for violating your never-turn-down-a-chance-to-see-Jewel-no-matter-what rule.