Friday, September 5, 2008

Friday Fun Facts

I started this post earlier and I couldn't get my pictures to line up right. Annoying! BUT today is Friday, and what is a Friday without some of OK Chick's Friday Fun Facts? I mean, would your Friday be complete? I will just answer that question for you...no it wouldn't be complete. Today I thought I would take time out of my busy schedule to post my new favorite things. I hope you have come to realize that the favorite things list changes daily. Although, some things are always on the list. Nonfat Chais, pedicures, and flowers are always on my favorite things list; just FYI for Blogger World. Ok, enough rambling here's my new favorite things....

Coldplay-Viva La Vida. My new favorite song. This morning I heard it on the radio, and I declared it my new favorite song. This song has replaced my old new favorite song- Chris Brown's Forever. Sidenote: I get to see Coldplay in November.


Uncle Ben's Ready Rice. Blogger World, this was my dinner last night. It was tasty and it only took 90 seconds. Oh, and not to mention I didn't have to clean up a pot or pan. This was a great side dish to my frozen fish thing.

College Football. Yes, I am a fan of college football. No, I am not one of those crazy paint my face fans. My favorite is when I actually attend the games. But until my vendors pull through, I will be enjoying the games from the comfort of my home on my 30' TV. Don't be jealous of me because you have a big TV.


Cookbook. This is my favorite cookbook. Back in April I bought this cookbook for myself and The Cousin. I bought it for me becuase I wanted it, and it was a bday present for The Cousin. I've been enjoying this cookbook ever since I graduated. Hungry Girl has compiled some great recipes, and of course all of them are healthy. I highly recommend this cookbook.

There you have it...my new favorite things. Love them, hate them, but at least I entertained you for a few minutes. Always the top goal here at This is my world...

9 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

well the rice is pretty good! ;) but we mostly eat minute rice here. LOL! Although I do get those packets of saffron rice for when we're having tacos.

It looks as if I will be sick for the weekend...but that might not be a bad thing if I can get out of Sunday School teacher training...cuz I've only been doing this since DD was 4!!! I think in the past 6 years of teaching the same kids, I've figured out how to do this. ;)

TC said...

I think I may have a new cookbook to buy. I love the Pampered Chef Healthy Cooking Cookbook, but I need some variety. Thanks for the tip!

Bone said...

Haha, I think you just said you have a 30 foot TV.

Have a good weekend.

OK Chick said...

Renee- I start my Sunday School teaching this Sunday. I'm excited to get back with my kiddos. Love those kids!

TC- HG also has a website. I think you'd like her site. Oh it's on my list of blogs, under what's cooking.

Bone- I do have a 30' TV. I guess TV stuff doesn't rank high on my list. It's way under food, clothes, shoes, and travel.

monamachel1 said...

So I would just like to thank you for this blog. This morning I was downloading songs (for my safety I will just say I was purchasing them) anyway I had a list of the greats. Carrie Underwood, Jason Mraz, Bruce Springsteen, Anstacia. Anyhow I knew there was another song I was forgetting. Your blog completed me!!
The cookbook was a good one. I just substitute the meat and dairy ingredients. Very yummy!!

Laurie Tomlinson said...

Thanks for the comment on my post. I'm still confused if I should respond on my comments or yours, so here I am! I will definitely keep the recipes and food photos coming. Food photographer happens to be one of my top 10 dream jobs, but it would help if I had a light box and a touch-up paint brush, huh?

I'm going to steal this idea and post a list of current favorites. Also, I wanted to let you know that I ordered the new Dayton/Vanderbilt book, even though it's YA, and it will be waiting for me at Borders on Monday!

Sheesh...that's comment #2 from me in the past 5 minutes. Now that I'm back in the blogging world I had a lot to catch up on!

-LB

TC said...

I ordered the cookbook off Amazon the other day :) (Hey, I have no issues with used books. I'm a poor, single girl. I have to save money somewhere.) I can't wait to try some of the recipes! I'll also check out the website - thanks for the tip!

Anonymous said...

I'm back in the 21st Century (my laptop is fixed) and back from my little holiday to the beach.
I found out today that football season is starting (I had no idea) when I called my boy and he was out the door on a Sunday night to some football related event. He used to play football so I think I need to get a heads up on how it all works, we weren't really that serious at the end of last season so I'm not sure how obsessed he is just yet!

OK Chick said...

lb- Let me know if you like the new book. I might need to check it out at the library. Yes, I'm a proud card-holder of the library!
Also, I recommend you check out Pioneer Women's website, in conncetion to your food photo dream. I think you'd like her work, and her food. HA!

TC- I'm so happy your ordered the cookbook. Let me know what you think.

Girls Journey- Football is big in the ole's USofA. Also, I think FL had a huge game Saturday.