Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Weekend Updates

Another weekend is under my belt. Also, this would be the first weekend in over a year I did not have to worry about any aspect of school. YIPPEEE! So how did I spend my first weekend post MBA???? Well keep on reading….

Friday
I had the day off. But don’t get excited for me. I had the day off because Sister #1 needed a ride to the doctor. She’s fine, don’t worry. I on the other hand, had to get up at 5:00am, ok fine it was 5:30am. I slept in a little…ok a lot. Blogger World, you know I do not get up that early unless an airplane, run, or aerobics is involved. Neither of those options were a choice this time. However, since I rock as a sister…I took her to the doctor.
Later that night I made a wonderful meal for my friends. I believe everyone liked the meal, or they pretended like they did. Either way, everything was eaten. Here’s a picture of dessert. Mine didn’t look this pretty, but we can all pretend. Oh but I did get to use my blackberries in this dish. They were top quality! Saturday
Again I was up way too early. I was up at 6:00am! But this time it was my choice- a run. Run with the Bulls was this weekend. This is one of my favorite races. The reason it’s my favorite has nothing to do with the race, but everything to do with the after run food. At this race, they serve hamburgers. Oh and they are so good. The best hamburgers I have ever eaten. Of course, I say this about every food I eat after a race. Anyway, this year I skipped out on the hamburger and ate breakfast at a famous steakhouse. It was my first time to dine at the local treasure. Needless to say, it did not let me down. Hands down, the best biscuits I have ever eaten. Casie and I split biscuits and gravy, which was very tasty. Don’t worry we also sampled their eggs, hash browns, bacon, and ham.
The rest of Saturday was a blur, because I took a long nap. I’m not much of a napper but I was tired. I very much need a vacation. Can someone take care of that for me?
Saturday night I went to a concert. This was the last concert of my Summer Concert Series. I picked a good one to end the summer. First of all, the concert was in a cow pasture. No lie! Ok, it’s not a lie but it’s an exaggeration. It was actually at one of Stillwater's finest, but outside which is why it felt like a cow pasture. The concert was a three day OK/TX country concert. Most of the performers were from OK/TX area, with Dierks Bentley closing the show Saturday night. He put on a great show! He played for over an hour and I was able to get really close to the stage. It was fun night!

Sunday
I cooked and cleaned a lot on Sunday. I guess I was bored, but trying to stay productive. Since I was in the mood to cook I decided to try a new recipe. I made Upside Down Pizza, which turned out pretty well. Then I felt the need for more food, so I had Sister #2 make a Cookie Cake. The Cookie Cake was amazing. Sister #1 and I ate the whole thing in less than one day. I’m sure you could calculate our consumption time in hours. Stop judging me- I run and go to aerobics!
I guess that’s about all I did on Sunday, you know besides the boring things like- laundry, cleaning my bathroom, and preparing things for the week. Hey, I cannot be exciting every day of the week it’s just exhausting.

7 comments:

TC said...

Thank you :)

I was in need of weekend updates to make it through the day!

Have you considered going to Pamplona by any chance?

Renee Nefe said...

way too busy for me. ;)

OK Chick said...

TC- Happy this helped you get through the day.
Thanks for the recipes. I briefly looked over them. I can't wait to try them.
I have not thought about going to Pamplona. Do I need to think about it?

Renee- I agree!

TC said...

Well if Running with the Bulls is your favorite race, perhaps you should consider heading to Pamplona... O:)

TC said...

P.S. Hope you enjoy the recipes! Just be forewarned: they make a lot of food! Hence, the tapas party :)

Bone said...

They had pizza and bananas and watermelon at the first race I ran this year. But they only had cookies at the next one. I'll have to start asking what the post-race food is before I register for any more races. What else is more important!

OK Chick said...

Bone- I've never been to a race that served pizza. HA!