Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Do you have a first aid kit handy?

Yesterday I realized something, and it’s kind of silly so don’t laugh at me. I was driving home from work when my radio started playing the song Damaged by Danity Kane. Have you heard this song? It’s one of those catchy pop songs that get stuck in your head. If you have not heard the song I recommend you Google it, so you too can have it stuck in your head. Anyway, before the song was played the DJ said, “Since I was a boycott I always have a first aid kit handy.” After hearing the DJ’s comment I figured he had fallen off his rocker. I mean, what does having a first aid kit have to do with the song Damaged? I soon found out that the DJ was quoting the first line of the song. Yeah, so for the past three or four months I’ve been singing the wrong words. I have no clue what I have been singing but I know….Do, Do you got a first aid kit handy? is not what I was singing! I love it when I have ahh-ha moments while driving down the road. Although, some are better than others.

Sidenote: If I was techno-savvy I would insert the YouTube video for this song, but I’m not so you will have to find it on your own. Hey I didn’t even know the words to the song ,you think I can attach the video?

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I have all the time where I don't understand the words to a song that I love. And I sing it wrong for a long time before I use the internet to get the lyrics...and even then I'll sing "both versions" LOL!
And still to this day when I hear Joan Jett's "I Love Rock-n-Roll" I will sing Weird Al's "I Love Rocky Road" LOL!

Recently there was a song that I liked and I had NO IDEA what the guy was singing. Now that I know, it's crystal clear. hummm

monamachel1 said...

I have these moments all the time. One of my all time fav songs is "Sunflowers" by Everclear. Just the other day I was like, I think he is singing "Sunflowers in your room" instead of "sunflowers in Europe". Yep, for like 7 years I was singing the song wrong!!!

Bone said...

I used to think Money For Nothing said "checks for free."

I mean, come on, free checking wasn't that common back then. It would have been quite a perk.

Sarah said...

Sometime you really have to ask Cheryl about what she thinks are the lyrics to a certain Dixie Chicks song.