Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Missing...

Last night after I felt I had truly celebrated Cinco de Mayo, I came home to do yard work. Please contain yourself; I know you are all jealous of my exciting life. Nothing says “I live the fast life” like yard work. However, last night something exciting happened while I was mowing. I found a dollar. A One Dollar Bill! I was so excited. I never find money. I’m always looking for money. I mean, I’ve found the pennies, an occasional quarter lying on the street, but never bill money. I quickly snatched the dollar and stuck it in my shoe. I didn’t have a pocket so my shoe lace had to work until I was finished mowing.

After I finished mowing I went on a walk with Sister #1. I made it down the street when I remembered my new dollar. I looked down at my shoe and discovered the dollar had escaped. I was so bummed. I was a dollar richer and I lost it! I had big plans for that dollar. It was going to pay for some groceries. If anyone sees my dollar blowing in the wind, please return it.

5 comments:

monamachel1 said...

Last year in Florida Brett said he found a dollar and asked if he could keep it. He found it in the parking lot of some resturante. I told him yes. Then I looked at it. Yeah, it was a $20 bill!!

Renee Nefe said...

I hope you didn't turn your bill into mulch!!!

Holly said...

Hmmm...your story is almost inspiring to mow my lawn.

OK Chick said...

Mona- Maybe we'll find money while we are in FL.

Renee- Oh I didn't thin of that. I hope I didn't turn it into mulch either. Hopefully, someone else will find my dollar and buy themselves something.

Holly- I'm glad I could help.

Michelle said...

This is going to sound crazy...but I found a dollar bill when I was running around OC....it was on a Tuesday, could've been May 6th, on Benson Road, maybe it was the dollar you found?