Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Happy Anniversary

I would like to wish SPAM a Happy 70th Anniversary! Hats off to people for eating SPAM for 70 years. I personally have never tried the special meat, but apparently there are many fans out there. In honor of SPAM, I have found a recipe for everyone to try. Everyone go out and eat some SPAM today.
* I tried to post a picture of SPAM, but surprisingly it's hard to find a SPAM picture. Go figure.

Hawaiian SPAM Sandwich
Ingredients
1 can SPAM® Classic (12-ounce), cut into 8 slices
1 can pineapple rings (8-ounce), drained
4 slices American cheese
4 hamburger buns, split and toasted
Directions: Brown SPAM® slices in skillet. Place 2 SPAM® slices on each bottom half of hamburger bun. Top with pineapple ring and cheese slice. Cover sandwich with top half of bun.
Servings: 4 Prep Time: 15 minutesCook Time: 30 minutes


4 comments:

d.j. iverson said...

ugh, spam. me and dan did a mission trip to hawaii after freshmen year, and we were all stoked about the exotic cuisine we were going to have, then we got there and everyone eats spam and poi. gross.

Capucine C said...

hahah love your blog.. spam how gross.. lol

Krystal Dawn said...

Great blog. Do you eat SPAM? Cause I've been on a search for someone who actually eats that stuff on a regular basis.

OK Chick said...

DJ- I'm thankful I wasn't given SPAM while I was there. I think Stephanie T and I would have killed Emily for giving us SPAM.

Capucine- Thank you for stopping by.

Krystal- I do not eat SPAM. Let me know if you find someone. I would like to meet them as well.