Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Update

Holy cow what a weekend! I had a jammed packed weekend full of excitement, festivals, food, family, and friends. Blogger World, it was a good weekend.

Friday
This was a huge day for me. The following things happened...

1) I inherited a new TV, a fancy HD TV. 
2) I got cable for my fancy TV.
3)I installed the cable all by myself. 

I'll give you a moment to process those three things. It's pretty major. I'm sure your jaw dropped after reading the second point. No? Wow nothing surprises you guys. I want it noted that the third point is a completely true statement. I did install the cable all by myself.

Saturday
Sister #1 and I completed our first duathlon. It technically was not a duathlon. However, since I'm the one that completed the race, I get to call it whatever I want! We kayaked 500 meters in rushing rapids, and ran 3 miles of major hills. Ok so maybe there were no rapids, but the course was hilly. The race was a blast! It was hard, but not so hard it was miserable.

The day only continued with more excitement. My evening was spent in Lawton, OK watching race cars. I'm going to be honest, I've never watched race cars. I didn't know what to expect, but it ended up being a very fun experience. It was loud, dirty, and very manly. I highly recommend a Saturday evening at the Lawton Speedway.

Sunday
The evening was spent at Liberty Fest. My little town has a great 4th of July celebration. One of my favorite activities is Taste of Edmond. All the local restaurants come together for an evening of sampling. It's the greatest event ever!!! You basically eat for 2 hours. We tried all kinds of great food, from some great eating establishments. Here's a picture of Sister #1 on our 10th course. It was a 15 course dinner.

Sadly, that's the end of my adventures. Happy Monday to everyone!

3 comments:

Michelle said...

I love Taste of Edmond......someday maybe I'll get to go again, I always am not in town. Maybe next year I'll make that more of a priority!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Does sound fun! I sweated Saturday too, but it was over the backyard trying to get things looking good for our 4th of July Bible class party.

Bone said...

Oh man, it seemed hot to run this weekend. I hope it wasn't 107 degrees there like it was here.

In other news, I think I may change my name to AL Guy.