Thursday, November 4, 2010

WANTED: A Date

Blogger World, Christmas is right around the corner. Do you realize this? If not, you should.

Tonight, I come to you expressing some concern for myself. Yes, I realize my last post was also a dramatic expression of concern, for myself, but hear me out on this concern.

My work Christmas party is also right around the corner. The past few years, my wonderful friend MrT has attended the party with me. He's the prefect date. He's pretty, social, fun, and enjoys meeting new people. See, perfect date! And, he's been my perfect date for four years-longest relationship I've ever had.

But like all good things, they must come to an end. This year MrT has informed me that he cannot attend my work Christmas party. Never mind the fact, that I reserved him almost 2 months advance. But now, I'm dateless to my work Christmas party.

I know what you are thinking...OK Chick just go by yourself, it's not a big deal. I agree with you, it's not a big deal. I go to many things by myself, seeing that a single gal. However, I'm not a fan of sitting at a table, by myself, with 4-5 other couples. Of course, my work friends are great and would never make me feel uncomfortable, so it really wouldn't be that bad to go solo to this party. Still, it would nice to have a seat partner. Don't you agree? I knew you would.

Fine Friends of the Internet, I'm on a mission. A mission to find a date. I have 3 weeks to find a seat partner. I'm sure this will be a challenging mission, but I never back down from a challenge. I have full confidence that I will be able to find a seat partner. If not, I'll just buy myself a cute outfit and sit with 4-5 other couples.

7 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

sorry your standing date with MrT fell through. bummer

I hope you find the perfect replacement for him...I bet you get asked where MrT is.

TC said...

If you wanna spring for the plane ticket, I'll go with you :)

Gena said...

So I guess it would be weird to offer my husband. Sorry, the only other male I have to offer is a hamster. Probably a little too furry....

Amy in Edmond said...

I have 2 boys to offer. Both would be happy eating all night. Justin would be a little more entertaining at the table. You never know what he will say. Will would be more your height.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Good luck to you!

OK Chick said...

Thanks Renee

TC, if I was rich I would fly you to OKC. We'd have fun.

Gena, your husband has actually been to a few of my company parties. Of course, not as my date. He was playing an instrument. But thank you for offering him, and the hamster.

Thanks Amy and Waughs. I need all the support I can get.

Anonymous said...

In NZ they almost always schedule work Christmas parties so partners can't come. It's brilliant for us single girls. Though you have to put up with old drunken men from work getting a little friendly. Still I can live with that.