Thursday, June 24, 2010

Live as a Bachelorette

Yesterday I mentioned I was going to a BBQ with Pistol Pete. Not one soul commented on the BBQ.

Really? Folks, haven't I been harping about Pistol Pete long enough that you would be excited about a second date?

A second date! I don't get those very often. Come on, GET EXCITED! Ok, that might be a slight exaggeration. It's a second date, not the World Cup.

Saturday Pistol Pete and I will be going to a BBQ in Hometown, USA. I'm excited and terrified at the same time. I've been told some old High School folks will be there. Despite what you imagine, High School was not the Time of My Life. For the past ten years, I've done my best to avoid 90% of my high school class. I'd say for the most part, I've done expectational well. However, Saturday night I'm going to be faced with these people. A large part of me wants to wow them, and a small part wants to weezle out of the BBQ. But I like Pistol Pete, so I 'm going to tough it out. I plan to enjoy myself and be really charming!

Therefore I must do what any girl does in my situation.

I go shopping for a new outfit!

Blogger World, I have a brand new outfit, complete with a necklace and earnings. I will look smashing. As smashing as one can look for a BBQ in the 100 degree temps.

7 comments:

Michelle said...

Yeah for second dates! It is my high school reunion this weekend, I will not be going, u avoid high school people too, but I'll see everyone at my brothers high school girlfriends wedding in July, yes we are still friends, and she is marrying a guy that was in my class, crazy. Have fun!

Renee Nefe said...

I guess I just couldn't think of anything good to say about your 2nd date. I do hope it goes well. :D

a new outfit is always good! I bought myself quite a few workout outfits...just cuz

Cap'n John said...

You mentioned it so casually I assumed you'd already been on multiple dates. Go you! And Pistol Pete, too! :)

Emily said...

Good for you and Pistol Pete! I hope it goes well.

And I'm with you on the high school thing. I loved high school and had a lot of really great friends, but I don't care to go back. In fact, I moved 8 hours away from where I went to high school.

Post pics of the outfit!

Scotty said...

Outfit? Please post pics.

TC said...

I did!

And I'm reading these off reader, so they're in order for me.

I'm glad he FINALLY asked you out again! i was about to tell you to wash your hands of him!

Newly and Forever, Tamantha said...

How did it go with ol'Petey?