Wednesday, June 30, 2010

BBQ

I had high hopes for the evening. At first, everything was going perfect. I looked good in my new jumper. He seemed happy to see me. We were talking/joking around with each other. And more importantly, I was going to eat a hamburger! Yes, I could tell the evening was going to be fun.

Uh Houston...we have a problem!

Blogger World, I have no idea what happen when we arrived to the BBQ. The talking/joking around with each other dwindled down. At one point, we weren't even talking to each other. Instead he was playing on his phone, and I was watching a six year old lean back in a Buzz Light Year chair. I'm dead serious. Of course, I couldn't talk to others at the BBQ because I didn't know them, and neither did Pistol Pete. I tried to engage in conversation with one girl, but she looked at me like I had two heads. Maybe it wasn't that bad, but she didn't seem overly friendly. After some painfully awkward silences, someone at the BBQ suggested moving locations for a better view of the fireworks. I jumped up so fast I got a headache. I was ready for a change of scenery. Sidenote: I had been sitting still for over 2 1/2 hours. Have you guys met me? I don't sit still for 2 1/2 hours.

When we arrived to our new location, the local park, I was pleasantly surprised to see a band playing. The band was a God send because now Pistol Pete and I had something to talk about, and we did talk. It wasn't a ton of communication but there was communication in between songs. I was just starting to get comfortable again when Pistol Pete looked at me and said....I see my friends over there, I'm going to go talk to them real quick.

Poof...he was gone. Wait these aren't your friends? Who the crap am I sitting behind?

So there I am, in my cute jumper, sitting with a random group of people I did not know. I tried to be cool and enjoy the music, but all I could do is review my childhood to see if I did something bad as a youngster; because surely God is punishing me! To be fair, Pistol Pete was only gone for about 5 minutes, but it seemed like eternity.

When Pistol Pete arrived back, things turned up. Mostly, because I saw an old high school friend and decided to go chat with her. Hey, if he can leave me, I can leave him. To be fair, I was gone longer. But before you get mad, he was talking to someone while I was gone. It worked out fine. Besides, at this point I had been sitting in a lawn chair for about 4 hours. I needed to move around.

The rest of the evening was good. The firework show was fantastic. Really, Hometown USA can put on a show. Pistol Pete and I did talk more, to each other, and I ate a cookie before the firework show. The last half of the evening was fun.

At the end of the evening I was beyond confused. Is he into me? Is he annoyed with me? Do I look stupid in this American Eagle jumper? I knew I shouldn't have worn it.
I decided the only way for clarity is to test the waters. I threw out my plans for 4th of July and invited him to come. He said yes. Good sign.

Blogger World, this took place on Saturday evening. I have not heard from him since Saturday evening. SO it can be assumed that the second date, was probably the last date.

9 comments:

Tammy said...

Ughhhhhhhh.......outward groan for you....you sound like a funny AND fun person to be with...and of course, you don't know me, but...I say, PASS! I hope you don't think I'm being a Debbie Downer, but he dosen't seem to be the most perceptive or considerate guy...I still have a really hard time telling sometimes if it's a "guy thing" and I'm just being oversensitive or if the guy just isn't that interested when it happens to me, but...time with him seems like it might be a waste for you!

Bone said...

I tend to agree with Tammy. The way this post was going, it sounded like Shotgun Sam was shooting blanks.

Maybe Bullet Bob just hasn't dated very much or something. Ugh.

Oh well, at least I got to have fun with the nickname.

Anonymous said...

You should have invited one of your Hometown friends to come by and say hi!

AKA ME!

Curt

TC said...

That guy's a douche and doesn't deserve you. Don't waste time being confused. He's NOT worth it.

Ally said...

Sigh. I guess the good part of not hearing from him is that he isn't that great of a date anyway....Yuck though. I'm sorry the evening didn't go better. It sounds like a lot of not fun. I have to wonder if he had something on his mind or is just a dud....

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Okay, I sat on a blanket at a picnic for 30 minutes recently and no one talked to me, either. It
WAS awkward, and I'm married with kids... was a weird circumstance at a different church where my son was doing something,so I went to watch him. My DH had to leave to pick up the other son, thus I was there alone. Feels weird at any age in any circumstance.

My advice is to not try so hard and Mr. Right will come along when you least expect it. Works some of the time! :)

Renee Nefe said...

whaaaa blogger ate my comment!

That was certainly a weird date. HUGS!

Good for you for ditching PP after he ditched you, I don't get why he didn't introduce you to his friends.

Laurie Tomlinson said...

The first time I went to a wedding with JT, I had a friend visiting town but wanted to meet his friends. Not only did he leave us to go talk to his friends, but when they were in a circle talking, he introduced us but left us on the outside. He later explained that he felt frustrated that I was talking to my friend the entire time and he didn't think I wanted to spend time with him or his friends. So miscommunication can happen a lot, especially when you're first dating and too afraid to be honest. I say give Pistol Pete one more chance, and on the third strike, call him out!

amy nickerson said...

Hmm, what a confusing guy to read. Seems to be into you but seems to be dodging some important things like not ditching your date and calling a girl after the date! Those really aren't hard things to do if you're into a person. I think you're much too great of a person to let this guy leaving you hanging around for him to take action.