Wednesday, May 5, 2010

National Teachers Day

Yesterday, was National Teachers Day. I didn't realize May 4th was the day we honor our teachers. I think it's good we have a day to honor our teachers. They are important to us, to me.

My mom is a teacher. She's a kindergarten teacher. Her day is spent teaching 5 year old kids how to read, tie their shoes, count money, share, and sing silly songs about letter people. I used to think she had a great gig. I mean, she colored for crying out loud. However, the older/wiser I became the more I realized you couldn't pay me enough to be a teacher. Oh heck no!

On a rare occasion that I visit my mom's class, it makes me greatly appreciate what she does for a living. She's important. She's molding the minds of young ones. She is teaching a possible future president how to read! I don't do anything that important at my job, and I never will.

I would like to thank all the teachers, including my mom, that helped me get through elementary, middle, and high school. It was sometimes a long/painful road, but look at me now! I have a job and an MBA. I know some of you doubted me, but never underestimate the power of Riddlin and good tutors.

Today's Hot Guy is Tom Selleck. My mom has never come out and said she thinks he's hot, she's never said that about ANY guy, but I think she really likes Tom Selleck.

4 comments:

Cap'n John said...

Well of course your Mom likes Tom Selleck! Who wouldn't?

Renee Nefe said...

I think I used to think he was hot back in the late 70's. I know I was a huge Magnum fan. but now... eh

TC said...

Awww, it's like a Mother's Day/Teacher Appreciation Day all built into one :)

Bone said...

Ah yes, Magnum PI. He was cool, but I was more of a MacGyver guy. And the A-Team. Loved the A-Team.