Wednesday, February 17, 2010

How a single girl spends VDay

a.
b.

c.

a. First, I spent a small portion of my morning directing a puppet show. This is not an easy task. I have to make sure the kiddos do not use their puppets as weapons. Surprisingly, this happens often.

b. After a fantastic puppet show we enjoyed doughnuts. Last week I brought the kiddos doughnuts to bribe them. This week one of my awesome kiddos brought doughnuts to share. We also feasted on Homemade Banana Nut Muffins, brought by another awesome kiddo. Basically, I loaded the kids up on sugar. Their parents love me.

c. I ended the day with some beautiful flowers. The Cousin sent me flowers. Isn't she the best cousin ever? I know! Oh, did you think the flowers were from This Guy? Now, don't get upset, someday I'll met someone and The Cousin won't have to send me flowers.

All around a great Vday. I couldn't have asked for a better day.

9 comments:

Bone said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bone said...

Ha! Love the kid feigning a stomach ache. Or maybe the kid next to him just sucker-punched him and took his doughnut.

And if it makes you feel better, none of my cousins sent me anything.

Anonymous said...

Pretty flowers!!!
Sister #1

Victoria said...

You are such a good Journeymen person! I never got donuts when I was in Journeyland...

Gena said...

That sounds about like a married woman spends V day. Except mine was chorus and no flowers. Yeah.

For the eightieth time I have to cancel our dinner Friday night. I got a job playing with the Phil. last minute. I have to find a way to pay for all of those eggrolls. So, onto Great Wall try number three...

Renee Nefe said...

not too shabby. love the flowers. :D

Amy in Edmond said...

I have first hand experience with the dangers of puppets. My friend and I are puppet coaches for LTC. I had no idea until a month ago how dangerous puppets can be.

TC said...

I think you have a pretty wonderful cousin :) None of mine would do that for me!

monamachel1 said...

I have a super great cousin too who bought me beautiful flowers also!!