Monday, June 29, 2009

Bonding with the neighbors

Last week my lovely state experienced some hot temperatures. Oklahoma is custom to hot summers, but not before July. This year I decided I would keep my plants alive, except for the tomatoes plants I killed a few weeks ago.

In the spirit of trying to keep my flowers alive I’ve started water the plants twice a day.
This morning I went outside to start my morning watering ritual. As I watering my pretty flowers I heard the neighbor’s garage door open. When I looked over at the neighbor’s I witnessed my neighbor taking her trash out while wrapped in a towel, and just a towel. Luckily for everyone, the towel stayed in place. She finally noticed me watering my pretty flowers and simply waved. Of course, I didn’t have much room to judge. I was watering flowers in my PJs, running shoes, with Velcro Rolls on top of my head. It’s amazing the things you see at 6am!

4 comments:

Cap'n John said...

In my early 20s while still living in Australia I did a couple of different temporary jobs, one of which was for the Government, specifically for the Electoral Board. My job was to go door-to-door and make sure the Electoral Roll I had was complete & up-to-date by checking with the residents at each address.

At one location a pr4etty young lady about my own age answered the door...in identical apparel to your neighbor.

I was considerably more embarrassed than she was (if she was at all) and she just smiled at me (which really didn't help) while I stammered through my spiel and got the information I needed...which did not include her phone number or relationship status :P

She was practically laughing as she closed the door on me, and it was mind boggling how a woman could comfortably answer the door to a total stranger while clad in nothing but a towel.

Renee Nefe said...

Wow John! That's some story! Perhaps she was really wearing something underneath...but wanted to give you a scare.

I've run the trash out to the curb in my bathrobe before (the big oversized one that covers everything!) but never in a towel.

and I thought my neighbors were weird.

OK Chick said...

HAHA! John your story made me smile. Some girls are more brave than others. I would not answer the door with just a towel, but that's just me.

Renee- I'm usually in my PJs, which are boxers and a t-shirt, so nothing too bad.

Scotty said...

Next time you should take pics :)