Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Birthday Holly...

Ok, I’m really starting to slack on my birthday blog dedications. I better get my rear in gear on these birthday dedications, or my friends are going to start rioting outside my place of residency! At least this dedication is only a day late, unlike Sister #1 who is still waiting on hers. Not really, she doesn’t even read my blog. She has no idea I even do birthday dedications. I know, I can’t believe she doesn’t read this blog either! Anyway, this birthday dedication is about my friend Holly not Sister #1.

Here’s the 4-1-1 on Holly. Is 4-1-1 still a commonly used phrase? Is it even a phrase? I’m pretty sure; I’ve never used that phrase 4-1-1 in my entire life. Actually, I believe I picked up 4-1-1 from the Disney Channel. YEEK! Ok, let’s scratch the first sentence and start over. Here’s the dirt on Holly. Sounds way better and more mature. Holly and I met at church and quickly became friends. I believe it was our love for shopping at H&M and traveling that bonded us. Come to think of it, I don’t know if shopping had anything to do with us becoming friends. Even though we do love a good trip that involves shopping at H&M. But I believe it was our love for doing things on the weekend that bonded us. Holly and I always seemed to be at the same weekend activities and quickly became friends. Our true test of friendship is when she accompanied me on my SCT # 3…Europe on Speed. We both walked away alive and still friends. I knew she was a keeper after the Europe on Speed trip.

One of the things I like about Holly is how she challenges people, including yours truly. Holly has often sparked my interest in a wide variety of subjects. These interests often result in learning more about the subject matter. I’ll spend hours researching what I believe and what she believes. We don’t always agree, but it’s ok because we don’t always have to agree. I like to think of Holly has someone that thinks outside the box, which I admire. She’s challenged me spiritually, mentally and physically. Shoot, just a few months ago we ran a 5K together. I was in no shape to run a 5K, but I did it because Holly had trained to run the race. Ok, so that’s not as much challenging as competitive but you get what I’m saying.

Like all my friends…I highly recommend that you meet Holly. Here’s to you Holly…happy belated bday!

3 comments:

Holly said...

Aw, Lindsy, that is really nice. I am glad to see that our friendship results in hours of research and
5Ks for you! Hahaha. I agree it was Europe that sealed the deal! Guess what? Scott and Teresa bought me a subscription to Organic Gardening for my birthday...

TC said...

You know someone is a keeper as a friend when they can travel with you :)

OK Chick said...

I'm glad you liked the post Holly.