Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Ramblings...

Next weekend my friend Tracy and I are having a dinner party. Today during lunch I thought I’d visit Food Network’s website to pick up some ideas for our menu. I was clicking around FN website when I found the Holiday/Party page. Did you know that Food Network has a menu for every imaginable type of party? They do. Anyway, when I was looking through the long list of party ideas I saw a page called, Single Person Cooking. I have no idea why this is on the party page but I was intrigued. I immediately thought- I’m single, I like to cook, this is probably information I need to see. I assumed they would offer advice on things like affordable cooking, cooking class around the US, and cooking date ideas. When I clicked on Single Person Cooking it directed me to a page called Table for One. Now why does the Food Network assume because you are single you eat alone! Couldn’t a single person have roommates? Couldn’t a single person have a child? Couldn't a single person live at home? COULDN’T A SINGLE PERSON HAVE FRIENDS!! I will no longer be visiting Food Network’s website!

Speaking of food I had peaches for lunch. Fresh peaches are the best. A few weeks ago I went to the Farmer’s Market. It was my first time to go to the Farmer’s Market. It was so much fun! Everything is so fresh. I bought green beans, onions, red potatoes, peaches, and homemade Tomatoes Bread. All of the things I purchased have been amazing. I think everyone should visit their local Farmer’s Market.

The Roommate is coming back as The Roommate. If you remember about seven months ago she left us to go be The Roommate to someone else. Remember I wrote a whole post on the shortage of drinking glasses due to her leaving? It was actually one of my funnier posts. But like all my good post, it went down the drain with my deleted blog.

I have discovered something that is to die for-Dark Chocolate Snickers. Oh they are good. I don’t even like Dark Chocolate and I’m hooked on these. I do not recommend you try them, because you too will get hooked. The administrative assistant by my office has them in her candy jar. A few days ago I needed some sugar so I tried one. Now I have one everyday.

This past weekend I went to Dallas. My goal was to only spend $25 while I was there. I accomplished my goal. My $25 paid for a movie, dinner, water at the Rangers game, breakfast, and gas. As you can see $25 does not pay for much. I recommend going to Dallas when you are rich. I saved money by not eating lunch and bringing my own snacks. Go me for being cheap!

Last night I went to orientation for my MBA program. About thirty minutes into orientation I had a minor panic attack. I guess my brain finally realized what I’d signed up for, one year of school. The thought what have you gotten yourself into went through my brain a lot.

I’m done rambling for the day. I realize that most of my ramblings had to do with food. I promise I’m not hungry-I just ate lunch.

4 comments:

monamachel1 said...

So, my friend Kelli and I have hosted two dinner parties in our lives. Well, I mean together. We had what I called gay chickens (not totally sure what they were really called. Maybe game hens??), twice baked potatoes, and green been caserole. Then for desert, we had choc. cake. We all got dressed up and used her parent's good dishes (yeah, they still don't know but whatever!!). I really recommend having one. They were really, really fun!

OK Chick said...

Do you think your mom will let us use her good dishes?

d.j. iverson said...

you should come to one of our 'dinner parties'. they're every sunday afternoon from september to january. we have a bunch of great food, and there's not a lot of dishes to clean up. we even dress up.

OK Chick said...

Why thank you DJ! I would love to come to your Dinner Party.