Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Weekend Highlights

Friday night…
I successfully finished the race Friday night. Please scratch goal # 3 from my list! Actually, I have to do one more race to completely scratch goal # 3 from the list, but I’m half way there.
The Midnight Streak, the race I ran, was a lot of fun. Friday night’s weather was perfect! I couldn’t have asked for a better night.
Everyone running received a cool glow bracelet, so we wouldn’t get lost in the dark. My dad thought they were goofy, but I loved it. I sported my proudly as I ran.

On to Saturday…
Goal # 5 can now be scratched off. I road tripped it Ft. Worth for my friend Lailah’s wedding. What a beautiful wedding. It was very simple and small, which I like. My favorite part was the food. She had Egyptian food for her guest to enjoy. You know I’m big on food at weddings, so a whole meal was awesome.
After the wedding some of us went to Central Market, which is way cool. Central Market combines to of my favorite things- grocery store and a patio. Yes, it’s a grocery store but then they have a grill/patio connected. We walked though the grocery store and then went to the patio to enjoy some live music. It was wonderful! I’m kicking myself for not thinking of this concept before them. I could be a zillionaire!

Sunday….
Pool.

Fast-forward to today…
Today is National Cheesecake Day. I’m so happy my favorite dessert has a designated day! Please help me celebrated with a slice of Cheesecake!

No comments: