Thursday, March 10, 2016

Spa Day #2

Today, was my second Spa Day. It started out eventful, and then mellowed out. The eventful part of my day was early in the morning. I had to be at the cancer center very early to redo blood work. Monday, my blood count was 790, and I needed to be at 1500 to have chemo. Therefore, one of my awesome nurses allowed me another chance before she postponed my Spa Day. Praise Jesus, my blood count was up to 1500. I was beyond excited! I did not want to postpone my Spa Day! 

The rest of the Spa Day went well. I sat in my recliner, worked from my laptop, and listened to my neighbor plan her funeral. No joke! I heard so many details about this funeral that I feel invited. You know, I can't judge. It takes a great deal of strengthen to plan your own funeral, and that is something I respect. 

In true blogging fashion, I have a few pictures from Spa Day #2. 

My dinner guest from Tuesday night made me these bracelets. I'm calling them my power bracelets. 

Locked and loaded! Isn't the pink happy face bandage cheerful?

As you can see, today's head accessory was a beautiful croshay hat. My wonderful/loving/sweet neighbor gave me multiple hats she croshaid for me. The hat was very comfortable, and much cooler than the wig. You'll see me in more of her designs. 

I have an entourage! My parents are my Spa Day partners, and during lunch The Sisters come visit us. I have the most amazing family. I couldn't have asked for a better family! I am beyond grateful for these people. Spa Day wouldn't be the same without them. 

When we arrived home from Spa Day I noticed a package on my front porch. Three of my coworkers left me a basket full of goodies! The basket included items like...Chapstick, fruit, muffins, soup, socks, PJ pants, house shoes, puzzle books, and earrings. Their thoughtfulness brought me to tears! I can't think of a better way to end Spa Day #2!!!

This picture isn't from today, but last night Sister #1 and I attended a Thunder game. I wore my hat wig. What do you guys think?
It's a black baseball cap with dark brown hair. The hair comes to about my shoulders. Blogger World, the wig world is pretty cool. There are so many options, and they all look real! 

Well, that about wraps up Spa Day #2. Now if you'll excuse me, it's my bed time. My parents are staying with me tonight. We are trying to eliminate another ER visit. Wish us luck! 

3 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

I'm so glad to see that your parents camped out with you. I'm also tickled that you got some lovely hats. I made a few for a friend of mine who had to go through spa days. She really loved them.

Take it easy today.

ann said...

Love the hat and the gifts! You have some pretty awesome folks around. How many spa days remain?

OK Chick said...

1 more Spa Day!!! If everything goes to plan March 31st will be the last Spa Day!