Monday, January 25, 2016

#badass

After Surgery #2, my doctor scheduled a two week checkup. I assumed the checkup was to make sure all incisions were healing properly. I mean, I had a total of nine incisions in my stomach. Good odds one could get infected.

I ended up be partly correct on the purpose of my checkup. The doctor did want to make sure all incisions were properly healing. She also wanted to meet with me because one of the pathology reports showed cancer. Yes, cancer. I have Stage 1C Ovarian Cancer.

Before I could begin chemo, another surgery needed to take place. Surgery #3 was going to be a hysterectomy.  

Last Monday, Surgery #3 took place. I'm proud to report I rocked Surgery #3! I did better with Surgery #3 than Surgery #2. In true blogger fashion, I have a few pictures to post of this experience.

Continuing with tradition, we took a Surgery Selfie.

I received so much hospital jewelry during my overnight visit. Surgery #3, I gained two new bracelets...Allergy and Fall Risk. Awesome. Personally, I think the Fall Risk was a bit much. I don't feel like I was a Fall Risk.

Recovering from Surgery #3 has been colorful. One of my Get Well presents was an adult coloring book. Here's my first masterpiece. Not bad, huh?


So...we've gone from constipation to cancer. This might be my biggest adventure yet. 

7 comments:

ann said...

Lindsy, girl, you are brave and strong and you've got this. I know it is cliché, but please, let me know if you need anything. You are in my prayers and you have a great community who will carry you through this!

Summer Lashley said...

praying for you! You got this!

Renee Nefe said...

oh wow. I've noticed the messages on Facebook and wondered if this might be the case. Praying for you. And yes you are a #badass and you're gonna kick cancer's butt.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Still praying and loving the surgery selfie!

Michelle said...

So glad the surgery went better then before! (I had fall risk bands when I had all my C-sections so don't take offense, or maybe we both should?)

Lori said...

You're in my prayers! Love you!

Jamie (JK Style) said...

Praying for you and glad the surgery went well!