Friday, July 24, 2015

July 5k

Last Friday, Sister #1 and I ran a race. 
The good news is we finished the race! The time is not important. In fact, I've already forgotten the time because it was so bad. 

Around mile 2 I decided running was pointless. I switched over to the power walking approach. 


I'm super excited that the professional photographer was able to capture this moment. I look like I'm on a mission for the finish line. Ridiculous! Needless to say, this wasn't my greatest race. It's a good thing I never strive to win these races. The goal is always the same...finish without ending up in the medical tent. 




4 comments:

Bone said...

You do look like you're on a mission! You're serious! I don't see how you run in summer anyway. It is ridiculously hot and humid here.

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Agreed! Any run in July or August is turning into a walk for me...

Renee Nefe said...

Your power walk looks faster than what I did the other night, but I didn't want to lose my walking partner first time out of the gate. ;) and I agree that it was too hot for a run...how did sister do?

OK Chick said...

Renee-Sister #1 finished around me. We both agreed it was too hot.