Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Feeling old

Everyone has that moment when you realize your old. It might be because you ach more, or your children do something to remind you you're not 20 anymore. Well, this morning I had my moment. 

In OKC, we have an oldies radio station.
They're known for playing music that was popular before I was born. 
See, all of these songs were hits before I was placed on this earth. If I'm in the mood for The Beach Boys or The Beatles I turn to 92.5. This is how it's always been!!! 

This morning, on the way to work, I heard Paula Abdul being played on this channel. None of Paula's songs are oldies. None!!! Her songs were popular when I was in elementary school. 

Since Paula was being played on the oldies channel, I could only assume it's because it's her birthday. Right? So, I waited until the end of the song to hear if anything was mentioned. Nothing. No comment was made!! They're just playing one of her hits. It's not her birthday!!!

Awww...when Paula Abdul was played on the oldies radio station is the moment I knew I was old.

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

There's a saying that goes something like... "You know you're getting old when they play your childhood favorite songs on the easy listening station." Sigh, they play mine at the grocery store. But I'm still young enough to dance to them and not care...or is that old enough?

OK Chick said...

Ha! Never too old to dance!

Bone said...

Straight up!

TC said...

I remember the first time I heard Mellancamp on an oldies station. I might have cried. And that was like 5 years ago...