Tuesday, March 17, 2015

A few facts on St. Patrick's Day

It's St. Patrick's Day. I hope you're wearing green today. I'm wearing the only green work shirt I own. Green is not a popular color in my wardrobe.  

I thought to celebrate St. Patrick's Day here on This is my world, I'd post a few facts about this holiday. 

1. On this holiday is customary to wear shamrocks and/or green clothing. This is because St. Patrick is said to use shamrock to explain the Holy Trinity to the Irish. We wear the color green because the color green has been associated with Ireland since 1640.

2. One of the longest running and largest St. Patrick's Day parades in North America occurs in Montreal. The parade has been held annually since 1824. 

Two facts for you to use today. I hope everyone has a great St. Patrick's Day!

No comments: