Monday, August 18, 2014

The Last Twenty Minutes at the Race Track

Before I met Canada Travis, I'd never been to a car race or dirt track. In fact, the only racing I'd seen is what I do with my running shoes and iPod.  

I've spent two summers learning about the race car world. One of the things I've learned is the art of packing up after a race; which takes place the last twenty minutes of the evening.  Today, I'm going to share the last twenty minutes at the race track. 

In this picture you find Canada Travis begging/asking me to get inside the car. This is because someone needs to steer the car while it's being loaded into the trailer. 


 As you can see, Canada Travis was successful in getting me into the car. 
Something you may not know about race cars is there's no door; drivers use the window to get inside. 
Another fact: The window is not very big. 
Another fact: I'm tall. 
Also, I'd eaten Mexican food before the races. Not really a fact, just a tidbit of information. 



This is usually when I regret everything I've eaten the past month. 
I'm going to be honest, me getting into the car is 13 minutes of the 20 minute load time. 
Another Fact: The act of getting into a race car is very humbling. 


This is what it looks like after I finally get into the car. 
What this picture did not capture... I'm about to hit the side of the trailer. 
Another Fact: Race cars are VERY hard to steer. 

Blogger World, I'm afraid that concludes the last twenty minutes of the evening. Stay tuned for more pictures from the race track....

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

been there - sorta. Every time it rained the assistant manager where I worked would leave his lights on and drain the battery. He kept having me help him to pop the clutch start it...the only problem is no one remembered to tell me that in order to stop the car without it stalling you had to press the clutch back in. So every time we got it started, it would stall. Sad thing is it took us about 3 times before he figured out why I kept stalling his car. :p

Michelle said...

I could send Cooper with you, he'd love it, but I'm not sure he'd be able to steer the car....

TC said...

Better you than me :)

OK Chick said...

TC-HA!
Michelle- Bring him out. I'd love the help.
Renee- Great story!!