Wednesday, August 27, 2014

The Greatest Before and After Pictures

Last year my mom decided teaching five year old children wasn't enough of a challenge. She needed a real challenge; so she moved to the new elementary school in her district.

Construction on my mom's new school was scheduled to be finished beginning of August. SHOCKING NEWS:::It was not completed at the beginning of August. Truth be told, the school was finished this week; which one week into the school year. 
INSERT EYE ROLL *HERE* 

Anyway, my mom was allowed to unpack boxes in her new classroom two days before school started.

 The day before school started I showed up to help and this is what I walked into: 

Once I saw the above train wreck I quickly went to work. My mom had to attend meetings, so I unpacked boxes and organized supplies while she was gone. After three hours we made some progress:

Another two-three hours later the room was somewhat ready for kids. 

I'm pretty proud of my mom. She handled all of the stress like a champ. I would have been in the corner crying and throwing crayons. 

Monday morning, I took off to help my mom in her classroom. I was amazed at what she accomplished in less than one week. All the boxes are unpacked, tables are ready, and children are learning. 


Good work mom! 

2 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Congrats to Mom & her crew.

Construction projects are NEVER completed when they are supposed to be.

Wishing Mom all the best for a great year.

OK Chick said...

Thanks Renee!