Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Weekend Update

Folks, I had one heck of a weekend. It was full of family time, ice cream, chores, Jazzercise, and house cleaning. It was a good weekend. I was productive, but still had fun.

Since I'm trying to be a better blogger, I snapped a few pictures during the weekend. I hope everyone else had a good weekend as well.

Friday Night
The Sisters and I participated in our June 5K. OKC's running community is growing by the year. Friday night's run had over 600 people participating. I love seeing all the runners!
Our parents were kind enough to cheer us on as we ran. They like watching us run. Well, I don't know if they truly like watching us run, but they come watch and take us for ice cream afterwards.

Saturday 
My dear friends in Houston are expecting their first child. Saturday they were in town to have a special party, Revealing Party. It's a party to announce the gender of the baby. I'm happy to report my Houston friends will be having a girl. They are tickled pink. HA!

Saturday Night
The whole family, along with a few great friends, headed to the Oklahoma River to watch Sister #1 in her rowing competition. Blogger World, did you know OKC is a big deal in the rowing scene?  It's true! Many rowers come to OKC to train for the Olympics. Also, many companies in the metro area have rowing teams. A couple times a year, these corporate teams have all day events to compete against one another.
Sister #1's team took 3rd place.




After a jammed packed weekend, Sunday was spent resting. I was tired!

4 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Sounds like a lot of fun!

Back in college I was asked to join the rowing team, as the crow. LOL Unfortunately I didn't do that. I'm sure my life would be completely different if I had.

Michelle said...

My parents were at the rowing thing, they love going down there to watch that stuff....probably mostly for the fireworks afterwards!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

Sounds fun...you all are pros at the 5 K thing!

OK Chick said...

Michell...I saw your parents at the rowing thing, but I didn't realize it was them until after I had passed them. I couldn't stop to say hi, because of the huge line of people behind me.

Waughs- not pros, just enjoy getting free water and t-shirts. Kidding. :)