Friday, December 31, 2010
You might not think it's glamorous or exciting, or even fun. But frankly, I don't care what you think. I'm tired and I want a nice relaxing evening at home. Who knows, I might wear my fancy Christmas Party outfit while sitting on the couch watching movies. You know, just to feel fancy and festive.
Happy New Year to everyone! Have a great safe evening!
Wednesday, December 29, 2010
1. I discovered that for 29 years, I have been abbreviating etc wrong. All these years I've been writting ect. Go ahead, laugh.
2. I bought a pair of skinny jeans, and they looked goofy on me. Goofy! I'm afraid the skinny jean style is not for me. I'm ok with this.
3. Sister #2, my parents, and I went to a Thunder game. We sat behind Jeff Greene's mom. No joke. I have a picture to prove it...
I made Sister #2 take this picture. Jeff Greene's mom is proud of her baby. Of course, if my baby was making millions of dollars I would be proud too. By the way, she was sporting some MAJOR bling.
4. I passed my Finance class.
5. Next semester I will not be taking another Finance class. I'm not giving up, just taking a break.
6. The day after I took my Finance final, I went to Dallas to celebrate. No trip to Dallas is complete without a visit to Sprinkles.
7. My dad and I ran a 5K. I was proud to see that I still knew how to run a 5K. I was starting to worry about my physical fit abilities. As you can see from the above picture, there wasn't much working out going on the last couple months.
Blogger World, do not be fooled by this cute innocent face. If you had to clean up William Sonoma pancake mix, you would be angry too.
9. Starbucks finally realized I'm one of their best customers. To show their appreciation, they sent me a Gold Card, which in theory sounds awesome. Until you realize it's basically a gold gift card that you are responsible for maintaining. But, this special Gold Card sends me coupons for free drinks and free bakery items. You know I love coupons!
10. After two months of being part of the "cool kids club" at Starbucks, I lost my Gold Card. I was upset! Thankfully, the balance was zero, so I didn't lose money. But don't worry, Starbucks has already sent me a new card, and I have already used it two times.
11. Cox cable took away the channel Bravo. Need I remind you that I have cheap cable, $11, and I only received 26 channels. Now, I only get 25 channels. I'm telling you, the day they take away Lifetime I'm walking!!! You realize this means I cannot watch my Housewives? And I'm not even going to mention the fact that I will not be watching Rachel Zoe, my favorite designer Jeff, Top Chef, and my matchmaker hero Patti. Nope, not even going to mention this!
I believe this is all you have missed. I have a feeling that life will be back to normal pretty soon, which means more post on- running, food, travel, lack of dates, and Jazzercise.
Tuesday, December 28, 2010
Thursday, December 23, 2010
Dear Blogger World,
The next four days I will be MIA. Yes, I realize for the past two weeks I've been MIA. However, this time it's because I'll be enjoying a four day weekend in Land of the Hogs. The land of dirt roads. The land of no Starbucks. The land of deer hunters. The land of date rolls. The land of my people!
I hope everyone has a fantastic Christmas, and enjoys every second with their family. No, I mean it... enjoy being with your family. Talk to you next week.
Friday, December 10, 2010
Blogger World, last night was another glorious night at school. If you remember correctly, I had a glorious night earlier this week. Tuesday night, or maybe Monday night, I figured out CAPM for AT&T. Remember? It was a big deal, because I didn't really know how to do CAPM, and I ended up figuring it out. All by myself! By the way, I did do it correctly. So, no one lost their life when they told me it was wrong.
Last night I received my Finance test from last week. I made a 90. I made an A. Did you hear me? I made an A! It was a wonderful feeling. All the hard work, brain medicine, late nights at the library, Starbucks dinners, and reading paid off!!! The excitement lasted all night, and part of this morning. However, the excitement is wearing off. Mostly, because last night I took another test, and I WILL NOT, repeat WILL NOT, be making an A on that test. Nope, not even close.
Next week is the final. I apologize in advance that for the next week, you might hear more about Finance. I know this excites no one. But look at it this way, at least it's better than post about running or food, or even Jazzercise?
Folks, I'd like to close with the song that was stuck in my head last night. Please, feel free to sing along....
Thursday, December 9, 2010
First of all, I want to point out that spell check does not even recognize the word jeggings. And I for one, am a firm believer that if spell check does not recognize a word, then we should not use the word. Except my name. Spell check does not recognize my name, but I fully believe my name is usable. My name is very normal, average if you will. It's just spelled abnormal. Hey, it's not my fault...talk to my mom.
Sorry side tracked, back to jeggings.....
I believe this is the new fashion trend. Of course, I really don't know the newest fashion trends. I try to keep up but sometimes it doesn't happen. For instance, right now I've been sporting yoga/running pants every night. Frankly, I think that is a great fashion trend, and every morning I try to figure out how I can pull it off for work. But it hasn't happened yet. Anyway, side tracked again. I do apologize this morning. My brain medicine obviously hasn't kicked in yet.
SO, I was down with the leggings trend. I'm huge fan of leggings. I wear them almost every Sunday to church. I think they are cute. In my opinion it completes a dress. However, I don't know if I can jump on board with the jeggings trend. Who is wearing jeggings? How am I suppose to wear these things? These are questions I need answered before I jump on board. I've seen signs of models wearing jeggings, but I can't pull off how they wear the fashion trend. Let's take this drop dead super model. She is wearing jeggings....Blogger World, if you are like the rest of the world. You know, the part of the society that eats food, not just celery, how are you suppose to wear the jeggings? Do I just put a big shirt over these suckers and call it good? If so, what if I get mistaken for trying to dress up as a ghost or accused of wearing a Moo-Moo, or even asked when I'm due with my 3rd child? What then? I need answers to these questions!
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
The past few weeks I have felt like the back of a shampoo bottle- lather, rinse, repeat-except I'm work, study, repeat. Earlier today I was hating my life. Alright fine, that is a bit of an exaggeration. I have a good life, and I know my life is good. I was just a bit worn out from this shampoo life. Anyway, today something happened that changed the way I was feeling.
Tonight, with my own brain, I was able to figure out the Capital Asset Pricing Model for AT&T Inc. This is huge for me! Do you know why this is huge for me? Well, it simply means that I have learned something in my Intermediate Finance class. I'm not stupid. This semester has not been a waste. I CAN do Finance, and I am capable of completing this Finance degree. Folks, I may not be able to spell, but dang it I can do Finance. *Insert crazy happy dance*
As you might have guessed, it was a glorious evening in the University library. Now, if you would excuse me I'm going to bed. Hopefully, tomorrow will be great too. Hopefully, I do not find out my CAPM is wrong, because Lord help the person that tells me it's wrong.
Friday, December 3, 2010
The Bad: I locked myself out of my adobe, which resulted in hopping a fence, a rock, and a broken window. True Story!
The Good: This year the Christmas lights in my town look very festive.
The Bad: I've only seen them when on my way to the library.
The Good: This weekend is my work Christmas Party.
The Bad: No date.
The Good: I bought a new outfit. Well, part of a new outfit-shirt and sweater.
The Good: I discovered a new cupcake place near my office.
The Bad: I discovered a new cupcake place near my office.
I think you see how this one fits into both categories.
The Good: The weekend.
The Bad: Monday is right around the corner.
Blogger World, happy Friday!