Thursday, July 15, 2010

The tale of two brothers

Hometown, USA is being invaded by Land of the Hogs folks. It's the third time this summer Land of the Hogs folks have come for a visit! This weekend two of my dad's brothers will be in town. First we have my uncle BD....

There is never a dull moment when this uncle is around. If you remember, this picture was taken after my dad and uncle went hunting for beer bottles. I know, we're weird. And they are equally weird together. No lie. Actually that was a lie. When they are together, they are just funny. They kind of feed off each other, and the result is pretty stinkin' funny.

The second uncle that will be in town is FT.....
This picture was taken when FT was young and mean. Twenty years later, FT is a husband and father. Life is a whole different ballgame. Now, The Sisters and I get to tease his son, and teach his son bad things. The circle of life is pretty great.

I'm predicting this weekend to be very fun. Both uncles are bringing their offspring. One cousin has already declared staying at my adobe. Hopefully, this cousin realizes I do not live in Hometown, USA and I will not be bringing her home if she misses her dad. Ok, so maybe if she throws a fit I'll drive home, but only if sugary foods won't work.

Sadly, the third brother and his family will not be coming to town. Oh don't feel sorry for him. No he's not being left out. He's taking his family to Jamaica. I warned you not to feel sorry for him. Trust me, these brothers get a lot of family time. They have their annual ski trip, annual golf trip, and annual Dallas Cowboys football game trip. See, lots of togetherness.

3 comments:

Renee Nefe said...

Sounds like a great time. I hope you all have fun and no drama.

Anonymous said...

Should be a fun weekend!!!

Sister #1

monamachel1 said...

As sad as I am to not be in the two brothers family that get to go to OKC, I am totally ok with being part of brother #3's family spending the week in Jamaica!!!! You guys have fun!