Sunday, April 25, 2010

We've got it going on...

We ran....
They cheered....
Awesome race! My dad ran beside me for 10 miles, that's almost 2 hours of togetherness. If you know anything about my dad and I's running relationship you would know that my dad does not run with me, at all. We start together, and then he's waiting on me at the finish line. It's been this way for over 15 years. It works for us.

This year my dad was the hero of the day. He did not train for the race, went to the Thunder game the night before, and still kicked my butt. I've never been more proud!

Also, shout out to the rest of my family. They got up at the butt crack of dawn to watch us run. Is that love or what? My mom did say next year her and my dad are spending the night downtown because she's tried of getting up at 4:30am. Fair enough.

As you can tell, it was a great day! I ran a great race, and that would make anyone feel on top of the world. To help celebrate my hard work I called on my favorite morning folks. Blogger World, feast your eyes on my post run meal...

I never said it was a healthy one.

9 comments:

Michelle said...

Looks like a perfect post run meal to me! I'll be back next year, I miss running so much....I know a lot of people run in my condition, however at this point I've been falling a lot, which is sad, so running isn't a good plan for me! Good job!

Wa Wa Waughs said...

OK Chick,

I sooooooo wish you would have introduced yourself yesterday! It would have made the time go by faster for me. I actually thot miles 9, 10, 11 were kind of boring and needed more bands or something. I love that! My DH doesn't talk a lot and I do better when having conversation. He did stick by me and I thought he would run faster and join my daughter, then come back for me...but he didn't. He stuck by me and my slow pace the entire time!

Anonymous said...

My favorite Starbucks !! I agree looks like a great post meal run !!

Renee Nefe said...

I think you were in the negative for you calorie count so the Starbucks was necessary! ;o)

great run!

Gena said...

Way to go girl! You deserve every last morsel of your post-run meal. Wish I could have been there.

Ally said...

Congrats!! And looks like a yummy meal to me.

Amy in Edmond said...

Congratulations on finishing. Some of us have never thought about even starting.

TC said...

I'm pretty sure you deserved it :-)

Tabs said...

Proud of you lady, very proud!!