Tuesday, October 13, 2009

These are a few of my favorite things....

I haven't done one of these post in awhile. Actually, it's been pretty slow here on...This is my World. Sorry, stuff came up. Not important stuff, but just normal everyday stuff. The- paying the bills, cleaning the house, packing for Portland, buying groceries, photo shoot in Guthrie, and working- stuff. You know, stuff. Anyway, here are my new favorite things. Love them, hate them...

1) Black Pentel EngerGel Pen.
Recently, I discovered this pen crammed in the back of my desk. I started using it and haven't put it down since. I'm one of these people that like a certain pen and use it until it runs out. And then I go buy the same one, until I find a new favorite pen. I know, I know...it's weird and a mean cycle. I blame it on my mom's kindergarten gene she passed to me. She likes pens too, and socks. She really likes socks.
2) Closet Cooking
I discovered this blog randomly, as I discover all blogs. Now, I read it everyday. I enjoy reading what Mr. Closet Cooking cooked for dinner. It appears he makes the most wonderful dishes. This picture is his Pumpkin Butter. I made it two weeks ago, and it was SO good. I highly recommend it on biscuits or scones; or just straight out of the Tupperware. Whatever.
3) The Lost Symbol
I'm in the process of reading the new Dan Brown book. So far, it's great.
4) Castle
I love this ABC show. Last year The Cousin, Sister #1, and I became huge fans. I recommend everyone become fans. It comes on after Dancing with the Stars on Monday night. SO, after you watch Donnie Osmond attempt to dance, stayed tuned for Castle. Trust me...Castle is cute.
5) Daylight Donuts
I only added this to the list because I want one and I'm being strong. Doesn't that cream filled one look good, or maybe you are a bear claw type of girl? I personally like Long Johns, but only the chocolate ones. Oh, and I really like Donut Holes.

7 comments:

Bone said...

I like a good pen, too. One of my all-time favorites is the classic Bic with the blue cap and the clear hexagon barrel which prevents rolling AND lets you see how much ink is left! Genius!

Creme-filled doughnuts are my favorite.

TC said...

That donut photo is just cruel.

Anonymous said...

I like donuts as well, I blame dad...

Sister #1

Renee Nefe said...

one (dozen) Lemon Creme donuts please!

what? this isn't where I place my order? shoot!

I like a good pen too...frequently you'll see me hoarding pens with purple ink.

Amy in Edmond said...

I have to put stickers or tape on my favorite pens, or they will walk off my desk. My favorite pen still walked off even after I had a sticker on it.

OK Dude said...

I didn't know the latest Dan Brown book was out! You will have to tell me how if you like it.

OK Dude said...

Closet cooking is one of my favorites too. I have printed out and tried a few of his dishes.

There is a guy in the LA program that posts to foodgawker a lot. I didn't know that he is a gifted chef. Sorry he has a girlfriend.... for now. I will keep you up to date on that status.