Thursday, September 17, 2009

Wanted: Friends

Blogger World, I would like to think that I have friends. People that care about me; individuals that enjoy doing things with me on the weekend. Sadly this isn’t accurate. It appears that I have no friends. Zero. Zilch. Nada. We’re talking last kid picked for baseball.


Friday night the OK Art Museum is having a party. Ok, not really a party. Actually, it is a party. They are celebrating the closing of Turner to Cézanne: Masterpieces from the Davies Collection, National Museum Wales. Man, try saying that in everyday conversation. I bet your perceived IQ would go up 50 points. Anyway, I would really like to see this exhibit before it leaves the OK Art Museum. However, I am having a hard time finding someone to go with me. And by hard time, I mean impossible time! I cannot find one soul to join me. Not one person! SO today I’m using this wonderful mode of communication for something useful. I’m posting a wanted post for friends. Below you will find the criteria. If you meet all, or one of these things, please leave a comment. If not, still leave a comment.


Friend Criteria

Own a good pair of walking shoes.

Enjoy eating good food.

Have a strong desire for cupcakes.

Breathing.

Knows what a nonfat Chai is.

Not completely grossed out that after I attend an aerobic class, I meet people for dinner/drinks/movies/shopping/bible study.

Not completely grossed out that after I run, I meet people for dinner/drinks/movies/shopping/bible study.

Income.

Understand the greatness of a Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel.

Not stupid.

Ok with wasting valuable brain space on shows like Rachel Zoe Project, The Real Housewives of Any City, and Flipping Out.

Ok, I think that about covers my Friend Criteria. Again if you meet all, or one, of these please leave a comment.


Thanks,

OK Chick

16 comments:

TC said...

I meet all but one of those.

And now I'm craving the Panera Cinnamon Crunch Bagel.

Anonymous said...

I didn't you know you watch the Rachel Zoe project. I love that show, and I want her job.

Sister #1

Laurie Tomlinson said...

I meet all of those requirements, but alas and alack, I live in Tulsa :(

Renee Nefe said...

I meet all those requirements! :D I'll be your friend!

I would love to see that exhibit! It sounds really good. But you know that there is no shame in going on your own. In fact a solo trip might be better, then you can view the pieces at your own pace and not have to worry that you're going too fast or slow for your partner.

And who knows, perhaps you might run into a cute & available male art lover. ;o) Just remember to shower first. :D

Amber said...

I meet your requirements!!!

But I live in Honduras, sorry. Maybe the next time I'm in town we can go see some crazy art exhibit and eat cupcakes. :)

amy nickerson said...

ah dangit...you know i'd be there if not for going to san antonio this weekend! but really, that exhibit is worth going to, even if you end up going solo. i went last month and LOVED it. let's get together soon and waste valuable brain space or something :) just bought season 5 of The Office, so if you like that show, we're set!

Bone said...

The nonfat chai one knocked me out. I know it comes from Starbucks. Does that count?

What is Flipping Out?

You should post this on your Facebook Wall. Maybe you'll stir up some interest.

Just don't ask your friend's fiance to hang out. Words will collide!

suzspeaks said...

I totally think we should hang out sometime!

Anonymous said...

Sigh, it's a shame you're so far away! I could bribe you to be my friend with Tim Tams

OK Chick said...

I believe I am going solo tonight. It will be a big moment of independence. You know, kind of like when I went to the movies by self.

Girl Journey- you do not have to bribe me to be your friend. Although, the Tim Tams would be nice.

Suz- Let's hang out!

Ally said...

So I had a cinnamon crunch bagel (with honey walnut cream cheese) for breakfast today, a nonfat chai latte earlier this week, walked in Chacos (and in Mizunos) this week, ate cupcakes from Yummy Cupcakes, and only have a few channels (for free) and rarely watch them. Want to move to Chatty? I'll be your friend.

Ally said...

Oh woops. I misread. I do not watch those shows....but I do regularly waste brain space....

OK Chick said...

TC- I'm just waiting for you to move to OKC!

LB-I'll look you up if I'm in Tulsa.

Renee- If I ever head up to CO, I'll be contacting you as well.

Amber- I guess I have a free place to stay when I come your way?

Amy- I'm happy we are already friends, now we just need to hang out. :)

Bone- We'll work on the non-fat Chai thing.

Ally- We could so be friends! You like to eat and workout...

Gena said...

I'm late one this one, but I know we would be friends. Let's watch some Housewives together.....

OK Dude said...

Sorry OK Chick. You know I would have gone, if I wasn't in Chicago.

Axe 'em Jacks said...

Ummm...I meet many of your friend requirements!

KC