This morning I checked USA Today's Top 25 page. If you have not heard of this, every Monday USA Today is publishing a Top 25 List. They are doing it to celebrate the paper's 25 years. It's pretty interesting. They have done numerous topics, but this week the topic caught my eye. Top 25 Changes in the way we travel. As a person who likes to travel, I had to read the list. Here is USA Today's Top 25 Changes in the way we travel....
2. TSA airport security
3. Airline e-tickets
4. Roll-aboard luggage
5. Smoke-free flights
6. Boutique hotel chains
7. Airports as mall- Did you know Pittsburgh’s airport was the first airport to add shops? It happened in 1992.
8. Indian Casinos
9. GPS car navigation systems
10. Self-service ticketing kiosks
11. Airbus A380 Super Jumbo
12. Airline code-sharing
13. Seat-back entertainment systems- AMEN for this! Northwest Airlines was the first to have it back in 1988.
14. Yield management
15. The Mirage, Las Vegas- The Strip’s first mega-resort.
16. Westin’s Heavenly Bed- They are heavenly!
17. Trip Advisor
18. Flights without meals
19. Sovereign of the Seas
20. Ascent of low-cost airlines
21. Allinity credit cards
22. High-tech roller coasters
23. Queen Mary 2
24. Flying beds- Air France introduced the first flat bed seats in 1995, but it was only for 1st Class.
25. End of commercial supersonic travel- Bye bye Concorde.